Greenlight is major one-day festival to celebrate and showcase sustainable living in Leicester, organised by local volunteers.
The event features over 40 interactive stalls, over 20 expert talks and practical workshops as well as an art exhibition, music, local food, lots of useful information on going green at home and much more.
Leicester’s huge range of environmental community projects are on show, and the event shares lots of ideas for action that you can take at home, in business and in your local community.
Greenlight was initiated by members of Transition Leicester, who initially worked with Groundwork Leicester and Leicestershire (now sadly defunct) to make the festival happen. Greenlight is now a member of the Sustainable Leicester Consortium. De Montfort University are offering us a wonderful venue and further support to pull the event together.
The festival aims to:
- Educate on sustainably living at home, in business and in our communities
- Inspire local people to work together towards creating a more resilient and sustainable city
- Build and strengthen relationships between people and organisations working towards sustainability in Leicester
- Celebrate and raise awareness of current local activity by individuals and organisations to make Leicester more sustainable
- Leave a legacy of increased local action on sustainability